Saturday, April 18, 2009

1 Year Old! (a little late... )






Henry turned 1 year old on March 28th.  We had a great time at his party.  We I planned his party for almost 3 months!  You could say I was a little excited, but as time drew closer and closer to his birthday I was increasingly sad and sentimental, recounting the past year.  I can't believe how fast my little baby boy has grown!  It seems like just yesterday they were placing him in my arms for the first time... 
I think everyone had a great time at his party.  We decided to rent out the Train Depot in Jasper and so then we had to have a train theme. Henry dressed up as an Engineer and we passed out Engineer caps to the other children.
Henry has picked up so many new tricks... including temper tantrums.  He can now say Ma ma, Dad, Na na (banana), bye, please, thank you... but he rarely uses them.  He loves to go to the park now... he learned to push himself down the slide and giggles the whole way down.  He love to stop and blow on the Dandelions in the grass, and the Easter Egg Hunting was a blast.
Today we celebrated my 30th birthday.  Chad, Henry, and I went to the Gasthof Amish restaurant in Montgomery.  I love that place!  I think I may have ate my weight in Apple Butter, and Peanut butter spread!  Henry had a great time.  The nice lady at the restaurant complimented us on how well behaved Henry was the entire time (and he was!) He was too busy eating the home made noodles to get into trouble!   Tomorrow my parents and my sister and her family are coming over for some cake. I am really looking forward to it. 
I just can't believe how much my life has changed in the past few years.  I love my life and would never change a thing... 
 
I can't help but think I am a truly blessed woman to have such a wonderful family!

2 comments:

Kirstie said...

Those are fabulous pictures! You did such a good job! Our little Henry is growin up =( He's all still our baby boy though. Give him snuggly kisses from us girls!

SeekerofGrace said...

Love the pictures! Happy Birthday Henry - Alex's birthday twin!