Thursday, December 31, 2009

NYE and the Cornish Henry

Happy New Years Eve everyone!
We are having a low key celebration here in the Elkins household. Lack of plans and a nasty cough has kept us home this year. We invited my Father in law over for the evening. So I prepared dinner and snacks.

Dinner was a success! I have now named this dish after my son. "Cornish Henry"

2 Cornish Game Hens
2 cups of rice (cooked) I used brown rice but white works perfectly also.
1 can Cream of Mushroom
1 can Cream of Chicken
Seasoned Salt

I prepared the rice and mixed in both cans of soup and spread in a casserole dish.
I seasoned both hens with Seasoned salt, and put a few dashed on the rice.
Cover with foil, bake at 350 for 1 hour. Then remove foil and bake for an additional 35 mins or until juices run clear.

It is actually an adaptation of a Chicken and Rice Casserole that my Mom use to make... she might have even got the recipe from Campbells back in the day! ;)

It was delicious. Not too shabby for my first try at Cornish Game Hens!







I also had prepared a really simple no bake Chocolate Pie. That was so simple and yummy too! ;)





I caught Henry milling around in the kitchen begging for some Chocolate Pie way before it was ready!


Here is Henry after his bath, with pie face!

No comments: