Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Dr Oz 28 Day Raw Food Challenge

I have now decided that Dr Oz has made me insane. While watching his show yesterday I had the bright idea to participate in his 28 day raw food diet.
Starting today I will be eating only raw fruits and veggies, beans (sprouted) seeds, and nuts. The first week I am allowed grilled chicken breast for dinner as well as whole wheat pasta. Since I think there is too much similarity between whole wheat pasta and earth worms; I will not be indulging in the pasta.
This is going to be a very difficult challenge for me. Here are the reasons why:

1. I love meat
2. I love carbs
3. I love processed foods
4. Chocolate, Chocolate, chocolate
5. It's WINTER! What in the heck was I thinking? No cooked foods... everything cold? I am going to go insane!

So last night about midnight I had a moment of clarity freak out. I panicked, and had some crackers and cheese, and some breaded mushrooms as a farewell to my processed and warm foods!

If you want to know more about what I am in for, or would like to join me you can find the information here or over in my links section to the right.

There is a bit of bright and shiny hope to this diet. Provided I got all the necessities for the week I shaved $50.00 off of my weekly grocery bill!

Stay tuned for part 2 of my insanity!

1 comment:

Mama2Monkeys said...

you can do it charity!!!!