Wednesday, January 29, 2014

A New Year A New Change!

I can't believe its been over a year since my last post.  This past year has been full of health challenges.
I was unable to work starting in November of 2012 due to chest pain.  The local doctors ran test after test and were not finding much.  I went to my oncologist, family doctor, cardiologist, and pulmonologist all locally with no luck.  At my wits end I finally asked to be referred to a doctor at IU Health University Hospital.  While they were still unable to pinpoint the cause of the chest pain they did find reason to find out.  I had a growing pulmonary nodule in my right lung and some growing lymph nodes in the center of my chest.  Over the year I had countless CAT scans, X-rays, and blood tests, as well as a CT guided biopsy, bronchoscopy, and a VATs lung wedge resection.  They were able to rule out cancer, but were unable to find what was causing the growths.  Since having the lung nodule removed I have had less chest pain.
After each lung procedure I would come down with another lung related illness caused by the procedures such as pneumonia, pleurisy, collapsed lung.
I hope I am finished with all of these procedures!  I was beginning to recover from the pleurisy when I got the flu.  Nasty flu!! It has taken me 3 weeks almost 4 to begin getting better from the flu.
I am so done with being sick! Things have to change.
I am tired of living in fear of cancer re-occurrence, and I'm done not being able to participate in life.
One night while recovering from the flu I watched Forks Over Knives.  I have decided to start incorporating the plant based diet into my life.  After doing some research I cam upon The Engine 2 website.
Engine 2 is starting a 28 day Challenge and I have decided to take part!
I am contacting my doctor this week to get my blood work done so I have a baseline to compare to later.
I am nervous and excited to take part in this challenge.
If you have time this week I urge you to watch Forks Over Knives and look into The Engine 2 Diet.

I will be following up with another post with all my beginning information. Weight, Medications, illnesses, and eventually blood work information when that comes back in.

Please check back with me to see how I am doing or just to give a word of encouragement!


No comments: