Monday, February 24, 2014

Engine 2 Challenge Day 21

We are in the last week of the Engine 2 28 Day Challenge!
I am feeling great. I have eliminated my sleeping medications, and acid reflux, reduced the frequency and severity of my migraine headaches,  gained energy and am sleeping better! I have lost 18.2 pounds in 21 days!

Questions I have had:

Q. What do you eat? What is your meal plan?
A. I keep it simple since I am cooking for one. My breakfast varies but I usually choose from the following, Old fashioned Oatmeal with apples, raisins, and Agave, Or my choice of fruits.  I keep Grapefruit, Bananas, and Pears at all times as well as some frozen fruit mixes (Triple Berry, or Melon mixes)
Lunch is a baked potato with Nutritional Yeast, and I make a soup on Mondays to eat on all week with my lunch and Dinner. Vegan Chili, and Vegetable Soup have been my favorites.
Dinner is either Long Grain Brown Rice, or Couscous, with a veggie (Steamed, or roasted).
Snacks are either fruit, Manzanilla Olives, Pistachios, peanuts, Buffalo Ranch Roasted Chickpeas.

Q. Do you have to count calories?
A. Absolutely not! You do not have to count calories. However, I was curious about how many calories I was eating and I tracked my meals with My Fitness Pal. What I have learned by tracking my meals is that I can eat when I am hungry and I never have gone over my calorie goal.

Q. Are you hungry all the time?
A. No way! If I'm hungry I eat something. I do try to keep my daytime snacks a fruit or veggie, My evening snack is olives or peanuts.

Q. Is it hard?
A. The first week can be challenging when you are detoxing from the processed foods, sugars, and oils... but after that I found my groove and have been sailing along pretty nicely.

Q. Isn't it expensive to eat healthy?
A. No Way! Its all in what you make it! I keep my foods cheap, easy and healthy! Frozen Veggies are very affordable as is the oatmeal, brown rice, beans, and potatoes! You can spend as much or as little as you want.

Q. What made you decide to take this challenge?
A. I was fed up.  I was tired of the doctors giving me pills, and cutting me open. One night after another trip to the ER (caused by a recent surgery) I was laying in bed watching Netflix. I watched Forks Over Knives and was blown away! If you haven't watched this documentary go and do it now!

Q. Where do I find more information?
A.  Engine 2, has a free ebook with information on how to start, along with videos for each week of the challenge. Another great site to visit is one by Dr.McDougall... He also has a free program online that you can follow with a lot of great information!

I really hope I can continue to help and inspire others to switch to a more healthy lifestyle.  Thank you all for your support and words of encouragement!
I never realized when I embarked on this journey just how much I would benefit and love it!

If any of you have any more questions for me please let me know! I would love to answer any question you have!

If this chubby, food loving gal can do this, you can too!



No comments: