Thursday, July 7, 2016

Starting Again with a GOAL!

Its been a very long time since I have done anything... (lose weight, blog, etc)

Since my last blog post I have been diagnosed with both Pre-Diabetes and Rheumatoid Disease.
I feel like its been a constant battle with fatigue and pain.  I finally feel like I am in a better place as far as pain management is  concerned.  The Rheumatoid medication I am on is doing a very good job and I do not need any pain medications! YAY!

Its been a crazy year!  Last year I was blessed with the perfect job... I really even dislike calling it a job. I still can't believe they pay me to show up and work with kids all day.  I am a instructional assistant at a local elementary school.  This is one of the best groups of people I have ever worked with.
This past year we also helped my mom with her health struggles. She is still getting better everyday!

Now down to business...

 Sunday, July 3rd 

I was home alone and miserable...  I ate all day long, and nothing good either.

Monday, July 4th

 I felt bloated, fat, and miserable in my own skin.  I knew something had to be done...  I spent the morning googling food trackers and diet plans... Not finding exactly what I was looking for I decided to give Weight Watchers another shot.  I was totally put off by the cost of attending meetings and decided to try the Online Only plan.
My wonderful sister passed her old Fitbit on to me... and I am now on my way to tracking food and exercising.

I wish I could say I was excited... or that I'm "all in"   Mostly, I just feel fed up with how I feel and look.  Fed up with medications and diseases.  Tired of feeling tired.

I don't want to be skinny, and I know I will never have a bikini body.  I am okay with that.
I just want to feel better, and be able to do things.  I want to be able to tell my son "yes" when he asks to go to the park instead of "not today, Mommy doesn't feel good"

So, here I go... I am 3 days in and my first official weigh in will be tomorrow.  I will be weighing in every Friday from here on out.

Goal:

To increase my overall health and well being by losing weight.  To lose weight I will follow the Weight Watchers Online plan, exercise, drink more water everyday.

Plan of Action:

  1. I will track all of my meals and snacks daily
  2. I will walk at least 1 mile, 5 times a week
  3. I will track my steps and activity with my Fitbit
  4. I will drink 64oz of water daily
  5. I will weigh in and report my results every Friday.
Accountability:
  1. I will become active online with other Online Weight Watchers members
  2. I will report back to my blog once a week.
  3. I will find a accountability partner to report to weekly.




No comments: